Fraud, Misrepresentation and Nondisclosure in Commercial Transactions
Grumer & Macaluso, P.A., represents business clients of all kinds in South civil fraud litigation. The parties we represent may be plaintiffs or defendants, and include corporations, partnerships, LLCs, individual officers or directors, personal guarantors, business purchasers, lenders, banking consortiums, investment counselors, mortgage brokers and others. For additional information about the scope and scale of our fraud litigation practice, contact our law firm in Fort Lauderdale.
Fraud claims can come up as freestanding allegations in a dispute between two parties or emerge as a counterclaim against the plaintiff in a contract enforcement or debt collection action. Sometimes fraud claims arise as a third-party claim joined months after the initial pleadings between the original parties. Regardless of the way it comes up in the litigation, a fraud claim can potentially overwhelm the other issues in the case through the complexity of the evidence and its implications for the business reputation of the party charged.
Experienced Trial Counsel for a Variety of Business Fraud Claims
Our attorneys have the experience, resources and skills necessary to investigate, develop and present or defend fraud claims in a wide range of circumstances:
- Misrepresentation and nondisclosure in commercial sales, service or loan transactions
- Real estate or mortgage fraud
- Investment fraud, including Ponzi schemes and pyramid schemes
- Accounting fraud
- Embezzlement or employee fraud
- Self-dealing or conflict of interest within equity groups
- Business tort claims related to intellectual property rights
- Deceptive business practices claims under the Florida Unfair and Deceptive Trade Practices Act (FUDTPA)
- Deceptive practices in business franchising and franchise agreements
- Insurance coverage disputes concerning defense or indemnification of business tort claims
- Fraud or tort claims related to the purchase or sale of a business
Fort Lauderdale Business Torts Attorneys: Call 888-587-5549
For additional information about our experience with civil fraud claims in South Florida, contact the trial lawyers of Grumer & Macaluso, P.A., in Fort Lauderdale.